Tuesday, November 12, 2013

30 Days of Thanks: Day 12 - Thankful for no quota time at work

What in the world is quota time?  When I first started working at Texon 6 years ago, EVERYTHING online was blocked...I mean EVERYTHING.  I couldn't even go to my church's website.  You had 30 minutes to use a day, but every time you would use it, it would use 5 minutes, so ultimately you could get online 6 - 5 minute times per day.  Which with today's social media, blogosphere, etc is really not very much.  When I need a mental break, I like to read blogs on home renovations etc.A lot of blogs wouldn't clear the quota because they came up as "personal ads" and for whatever reason they wouldn't allow you to view them ever. Additionally, ALL online radio stations were blocked.

Well, about a year ago, we finally had enough young people (or people with a young person mindset) that they removed "Quota Time"....so now we can read blogs, check on sports scores (yes I do this from time to time) and most importantly, I can listen to PANDORA or I Heart Radio.

Well, today was a very ridiculous, stressful day....so being able to listen to pandora was very relaxing for me....I needed that mini escape so today I am thankful for Pandora. :)

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14