Monday, November 11, 2013

30 Days of Thanks: Day 11 - Thankful to our veterans.



Today is Veteran's Day.  I am so thankful for all of those who have served my country to protect my freedom that I richly enjoy!  Both my Grandpa's were in the military and served during the Korean War.  I am so proud of our country -- specifically the sacrifice our military and their families make for us.  One of my good friend's Sarah is married to Derek.  Derek is in the Air Force and thanks to Sarah authenticity, I have seen the impact his service has had on his family.  I have seen the sacrifice of time he makes away from her and although she handles it like a champion, it is still hard.  I am so grateful not only to the veterans, but to the family members that go through months of seperation and fear and unknown.  Being in the military is such a thankless job, so please hear deep down in my heart - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SACRIFICE!!!

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14