Monday, September 23, 2013

First Ever - Sister Weekend!

"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." Proverbs 27:17

I am beyond blessed to have a wonderful friend, named Amanda.  She challenges me to be a better person, celebrates with me, cries with me and for me.  She reminds me it is ok to be honest and true to myself.  She is like the little sister I never had, but always wanted.  Oh, and she is married to by brother, so we are officially sisters.  We always talk about the comfort in knowing we will always be in each other's life and will literally go through everything together because we are family.

At the airport -- excited and ready to jet set away!

We decided we needed to start a Sister Weekend once a year.  :)  This year we went to Amanda's Mom (whom I lovingly call my Mother-in-law-in-law)  condo in Panama City Beach.  It was the weekend before Amanda went back to school for the year, so it was a great way to round out the summer.  It was a really blessed weekend to just spend time together.  We stayed up late talking and sharing.  We relaxed, we worked out, we ate GREAT food and we laughed....A LOT!!!!!
Our ride for the weekend was a VW Bug.  Lots of stories with this bug!! haha

This was our view most of Friday and Saturday....perfect
We went out to eat one night to a place called Firefly.  It had great food and we had a lot of fun just being girls and laughing.  Loved it!

My Beautiful Sister


Dressed up and ready to go

 One night we made these amazing Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burgers.  Amanda is a really good cook, so pretty much anything she makes is delicious.  These are a Donald Trump recipe I think from one of his restaurants.  Boy are they good!  I need to make those again.  The recipe can be found here.


Mar-A-Lago Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries
Amanda also got me hooked on these frozen treats.  Only 60 calories!
On Sunday, we went to the Pier where they had lots of fun shops.  We had enough sun and wanted to shop.  We really wanted to find fishing shirts for the guys, but had no luck!  We stopped at Margaritaville and had a margarita too.

I can't wait to go on our next Sister Weekend.  In late October we are going to Gruene with our mamas to get away and celebrate Amanda's birthday, so I guess that is Sister Weekend Numero Dos!


No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14