Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What is normal.....

I feel like every week on Sunday night, I am telling someone - "after this weekend, things should start settling down...."  Sometimes I hear (and am amazed) about these people that work, workout and cook dinner at home 5-6 nights a week and somehow make time for social things, time in the word and plenty of sleep.  WHAT?!?!?  I want a week like that, where I get all the things I want to get done, done....this past year has definately not been that year which is pretty obvious from the randomness that is this blog.  Does anyone even read this anymore.

Anyways, absolutely NO reason for the post - except to say I am here and have total failed my daily post challenge for November.

I went to a Noonday party last night and am really excited about my purchases...Do you know what Noonday is?  Well - they purchase hand made items from artisans all over the world.  By purchasing these items, you are helping impoverished and oppressed women (and men) provide for their families, send their kids to school etc.  Additionally, Noonday is a huge advocate for adoption so they offer many ways for those adopting to raise some money to help with the costs.  I love all my stuff I have purchased and it means so much more to spend the money.  I bought a scarf from them last year and when it arrived it had a note attached from the woman who made it that said "Thank you, because of your purchase my daughter can go to school."  WOW. What an impact.

In case you are curious, here are my purchases.



Waterfall Necklace made in Uganda

Inifinity Scarf made in Guatemala

Nod to Neon Scarf made in Guatemala - I have pants that match the yellow!!

It wasn't intentional at all, but of all the artisans Noonday supplies from, Uganda and Guatemala are two places that hold a special place in my heart.  I went to Guatemala on a mission trip in college and grew so much through that trip.  The people there work so hard for so little.  Their joy is contagious.  My friend is a missionary in Uganda, so Uganda is often in my prayers as is Natalie.

Anyways, if you have any interest in buying anything from Noonday, my friend Whitney is an ambassador for them.  You can order through her.  Her website can be found here.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Hi girl! Just catching up on blogs and saw this post. Thanks so much!! Hope you love the angelica scarf!

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14