Friday, October 12, 2012

October 7th....a special someone

This past weekend we celebrated Alex's Grandma's 70th birthday.  Have you ever met the kind of woman that just has a special aura about her.  She does not draw the attention to herself, rarely does things for herself, yet you can't help but love her and want to be in her presense?  Do you know any women like that?  I know two, my Mom and Alex's Grandma.  She just brings joy where ever she goes and she genuinely cares so much for those in her circle, she may burst. 

Alex took most of the good pics, so here are my crummy ones from the event.  Happy Birthday Hilda.  So blessed to have you in my life.  You are one of the most special women in the world and a joy to be around.  Plus, you make the BEST beans and rice on the PLANET. 
(side note.....if I am in the hospital on my death bed and can't speak or remember anything, the only thing I want other than family are Grandma's black beans.  Seriously. Just give me the black beans.)


Grandma and Alyssa in her precious outfit from Alex's mom.  She was trying to not look at the camera and not smile.



Me and the niece monkey.....love that girl

Alex and his favorite aunt
Happy Birthday Hilda!

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14