Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Whip Lash

I absolutely love the new year. I love the potential of a full year of unknowns and the feeling that anything is possible and change is inevitable. I always have great intentions and pie in the sky plans and of course they do not all come to fruition, but the challenge alone is usually beneficial.

I feel like I have New Year Whiplash right now. I am excited it is the new year, but it already feels like I am a boxing bag and I am just getting hit with thing after thing after thing. So, now I am like --"Seriously...2011, can you at least let me take a seat before you rip me a new one?" :)

2011 could be a very exciting year for Alex and I. We are going to put our house on the market in March, so will hopefully be moving into a new home this year. A lot of 2011 is out of our control and we have no idea on timing, so I had already assumed Gpd would teach us about fully relying on Him. Well -- on top of all of that, we have had a string of car issues beginning Saturday -- Happy new Year to us. :/ So it has put a slight damper with impending car expenses we were hoping to put towards a new house. I am back at work today for the first time since before Christmas, so I feel a little out of whack and they also moved me, so I am in a new office trying desperately to remember where I left off when I left.

Anyways, so my 2011 hasnt started with just excited anticipation, but more so with excitement but a little bit of hesitation because of the last couple days. Fortunately, I am not, will not and should not be in control. Thank goodness, God is in control, His timing is perfect and He will work out everything perfectly for those who love Him.

Here are my New Year's Goals:
1. Praying that God will grow me in a new and mighty way this year -- with a renewed and refreshed Spirit.
2. Eat healthier, exercise more. God really changed my mindset on health back in spring of 2009 and I working to get back to that lifestyle again.
3. Clean out my house. :)
4. Sew more!!!

Happy New Year's to You!!

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14