Thursday, December 16, 2010

So much to be thankful for...Thanksgiving Part 1

Life has been so crazy, but I really want to get some of these pictures up from Thanksgiving and Sonia's visit this time....

We are blessed beyond words to have a great family and lately we have been able to spend SO MUCH quality time with them. I love it and can't get enough time with everyone. Plus, Alyssa keeps getting cuter and cuter and changes SO fast that I don't want to miss too much of it.

The weekend before Thanksgiving, we went to the zoo. It was a great visit. The new African Safari was not open yet, but we did get to see two baby elephants.

Ready to hit the zoo
This child smiles ALL the time, but the MINUTE the camera is pointed at her, the smiles disappears....supposedly she gets this from her Dad.


We went the petting zoo and they have an area where you can pet the goats and brush them. We gave Alyssa the brush and of course the first thing she tried to do was brush her own hair. Eeewww....Jennifer was quick though and I don't think the brush actually touched Alyssa's head.



She wasn't too interested or comfortable petting the goats. But she humored us for a couple of minutes. She was much more interested in playing on the playground.

Granma got some much needed time with her girls
Adriana and her best friend, "the cell phone" haha


We were all starving when we left the zoo, so we went to Grand Lux Cafe.

Alyssa LOVES Alex's Grandma -- who could blame her.
Here she is playing with Grandma



I made Spencer a Christmas Scarf -- ya know...to get him in the spirit too.
So cute!


We had the WHOLE gang, minus Mauri for Thanksgiving. We missed you Mauri!!
It was so fun to all be together -- Christmas will be VERY small this year.
Mags and Sonia

Alex carving the turkey
So handsome (and manly I might add)



My wonderful sister in law
My cutie patootie husband and Spencer in the middle of the action of course

LOVE this PIC
My MIL is so beautiful
Sonia and George
Spencer - Upclose and personal
Hope you are enjoying your holidays too and getting lots of quality time with your family and friends.

So blessed with a great family
To be continued -- still have The Olson side of Thanksgiving as well

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14