Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This year we're running!

My mom has been cancer free for 10 years now. We attend the Race for the Cure every year. Since it was Mom's 10 year anniversary, she decided she wanted to run this year. Mom is NOT a runner. She broke her leg in high school, so that ruined running for her, but she wanted to set a more challenging goal.

Here we are pre-race....

My wonderful family supporting Mom and all the other cancer survivors and in memory of those who lost the battle...


Mom and I upclose





My mom did SO good. She ran pretty much the whole thing, only walking for water breaks. At the end of the race they have all the survivors run through their own finish line. They pass out flowers and celebrate that they have survived breast cancer. It was really neat -- I was crying watching Mom run through. I was so proud of her for running the whole thing and I am grateful that God allowed her to beat cancer. I have the best Mom and friend in the world and am blessed by her everyday!

Mom and I post race
Go mama! Go mama!



I had to post this pic of Bailey. How do you not love a dog like this??
(Amanda, this one needs to go on the wall)

Blessings to you all.


No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14