Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sew many gift ideas...

I am still LOVING sewing...can't get enough of it. I actually need to cut back on sewing and start running more. :) I can only do so much from 5:30 PM - sleep -- so running has been taking the back seat and boy can I tell. Wish I had more time to so, but its ok. My list of ideas just continues to grow and I knock things off the list as I can.

Here are a couple of my latest creations....

PS - my favorite part about sewing is all the great gift ideas...so, chances are if you know me and get a gift from me in the near future, it will be something handmade with love. :)

For Erin's birthday I made her a bible study bag. I checked it and it fits our current book and a bible and journal. In the future, I would make it a little bigger to fit "beth moore" size bible studies and would also add a pocket on the inside in addition to the outside.

Bible study bag (technically a Library Tote - but I don't go to the library much)
I love all the different patterns...makes me so happy!!


I also made some fall placemats. I gave some to my Mom and some to my Grandma - well she hasn't received them yet, but they are on their way. :)
I am loving getting to pick out all this fun fabric. Makes me happy.

Thanks for the tip on Hobby Lobby too. They have a GREAT selection.
I still have SO MUCH to learn, but I am loving this. Since I have to give Erika back her sewing machine at some point, I have already told Alex that for Christmas I would like a Sewing machine/embroidery machine combo. I would love to hear your recommendations and comments around what brand to get etc etc.
I was looking at this one...
Any thoughts??
All the reviews I have read said its really better to purchase one with a 5 x 7 hoop rather than a 4 x 4 hoop, but I haven't found one with a 5 x 7 hoop for under $1000.00 and that ain't happening at this point. If you have any tips I would LOVE THEM!!














No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14