Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sew many gift ideas...

I am still LOVING sewing...can't get enough of it. I actually need to cut back on sewing and start running more. :) I can only do so much from 5:30 PM - sleep -- so running has been taking the back seat and boy can I tell. Wish I had more time to so, but its ok. My list of ideas just continues to grow and I knock things off the list as I can.

Here are a couple of my latest creations....

PS - my favorite part about sewing is all the great gift ideas...so, chances are if you know me and get a gift from me in the near future, it will be something handmade with love. :)

For Erin's birthday I made her a bible study bag. I checked it and it fits our current book and a bible and journal. In the future, I would make it a little bigger to fit "beth moore" size bible studies and would also add a pocket on the inside in addition to the outside.

Bible study bag (technically a Library Tote - but I don't go to the library much)
I love all the different patterns...makes me so happy!!


I also made some fall placemats. I gave some to my Mom and some to my Grandma - well she hasn't received them yet, but they are on their way. :)
I am loving getting to pick out all this fun fabric. Makes me happy.

Thanks for the tip on Hobby Lobby too. They have a GREAT selection.
I still have SO MUCH to learn, but I am loving this. Since I have to give Erika back her sewing machine at some point, I have already told Alex that for Christmas I would like a Sewing machine/embroidery machine combo. I would love to hear your recommendations and comments around what brand to get etc etc.
I was looking at this one...
Any thoughts??
All the reviews I have read said its really better to purchase one with a 5 x 7 hoop rather than a 4 x 4 hoop, but I haven't found one with a 5 x 7 hoop for under $1000.00 and that ain't happening at this point. If you have any tips I would LOVE THEM!!














7 comments:

matthew john said...

123.hp.com/setup 3830

Cralon Seral said...

123.hp.com/dj2640

David belton said...

123.hp.com/oj5230

Ritchie ken said...

123.hp.com/setup 6974

Alex williams said...

Nice Blog, Do you want to Install a user guide for Canon Printer for your mac operating system?Then visit the 123hp.com setup to get the software and driver for better functioning of your printer. You can also call our expert canon support team for services

Robert Wilder said...

Thanks for sharing this nice blog. Our objective is to make our customers happy and make their life easy. We are into minimizing our consumer’s effort in finding the best internet plans. The Internet has become the buzzword today. There are a lot of internet plans providers offering their customers different plans through various modes of internet.

martin said...

As we know that youtube.com is best platform which offers a wide variety of shows. If you want to youtube.com/activate on your devices visit youtube com activate for activation in your smart tv or cell phone. or find us os4youtube & call our certified experts to help.

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14