Thursday, October 28, 2010

Celebrating Erin!!

Happy Birthday to one of my most precious friends!!!


Many people have asked how Erin and I even met and we both agree that we had a God ordained meeting, there is nothing in our lives that would have suggested our paths would cross (maybe running at memorial)....here is our story....



My last year in college I went to my Mom's hair stylist at the time whose name is Nikki. This in itself is unique because I only went to Nikki once and mom only went to Nikki for like 6 months and it just happened to be the one time I have EVER gone to my Mom's hair lady. Anyways, I was about to graduate from A&M and asked Nikki if she had any recommendations of hair stylist in Houston and she recommended two different people and I picked to try out Erin and it was love at first sight. :)

A few months after I started going to see Erin, we were talking about how we both wanted to get into a women's bible study, so we decided(along with Erika - who I had gotten to start going to Erin too) to go to Beth Moore that fall, as she was starting a new study on Esther. Erin has one of the most genuine hearts to love and serve the Lord in her day to day walk. She is such a blessing and her energy and joy always overflows to those around her. It is hard to believe that we have now been friends for almost 4 years. :) All because of hair ... God is wonderful that way.

For Erin's birthday, a few of her closest gal pals made a night of it and stayed at Hotel Sorella and ran around CityCentre for the evening. It was a lot of fun and a great getaway. (even though we were only 8 miles from my house)

Here are some pics of our celebration:

Erin and Amanda Sunday morning on our way to brunch



Christy and I at Yard House



We got to see Jenny!! She had gotten married and had a baby since the last time I saw her. :)


Manders and Erin
Dancing Queens at Monalisa


There is so much hair in this picture and I am including Amanda in that comment because her hair is longer than she has EVER had it!!!



Haha - Erin was trying to not have squinty eyes for the pic
Definately not squinty ;)


Dinner at Ruggles Green
John and Dustin, the managers, were AMAZING!! Give this place some business.
Plus the food is AMAZING.

In the elevator, ready to hit CityCentre

Happy Birthday Erin!!! We love you SOOOO MUCH!!




No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14