Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend Getaway to Tennessee!

I had the opportunity last weekend to go visit Lori and Josh in Tennessee and got to meet Baby Lyla for the first time. Lori and I have been friends since middle school and were roommates 4 of my 5 years in college.

I am so grateful that friendship has been sustained over time and distance. I was telling Lori that this is the first time we have had some QUALITY time together since she graduated college, just because every time I have seen her since has revolved around weddings or babies.

It was SUCH a great visit....much too short, but very sweet time with Lori!! We got to spend most of Saturday outside which was great. The leaves have turned colors there and are starting to fall. It was wonderful!

I even got to see Erin, which was a HUGE blast from the past. We figured out we hadn't seen each other since sophmore year of college, so 7 years. WOW - we are old!

This weekend made me so grateful for friendships and was proof that if our friendships are rooted in Christ -- they will always remain deep loving friendships. Thanks again Lori for letting me come visit.

Here are a couple pics from the weekend!

Baby Lyla (who I call 'Tiny') and me


Lori and I at our walk at the park
One of my highlights!

Precious Lyla was a "Tree Hugger" for halloween


Lori and I



Josh and Lori's dog Shasta - I am in love with this dog.
His demeanor is like my parents' dog Skid. He is hard not to love.



It was so much fun!!! Can't wait until next time I get to see The Sesler Family!



No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14