Friday, January 16, 2009

Goodbye to Rocky

Our cat Rocky passed away yesterday. Rocky was the last of the three pets Scott and I had growing up that was still living. Rocky was a stray cat that we somehow convinced Mom and Dad to keep. We called him Rocky because he had a slice in his ear, so we said he was retiring from fighting like Rocky Balboa. We got him around 5th or 6th grade, so Rocky was at least 15 years old if not older. He has been slowing fading the last couple months, so we knew the end was coming.


Rocky was a very strange cat, he would beg from the table, eat dog food, come when you called him and would kick his leg if you scratched him in the right spot. I always thought he was part dog. Oh and he was 22 pounds, so he was a VERY big cat.


I am glad he died peacefully and did not suffer. We will miss you Rocky.


I don't have any pics of him on my work computer, but I will post one once I get one. He looked like this...(only fatter, more matted and without the mixmatching eyes. although one of his eyes was way blacker than the other one because of allergies or something like that)


Goodbye Rocky. We love you.

3 comments:

Mags said...

Tonya, so sorry to hear about Rocky. Our pets hold a special place in our hearts...they don't ask for much, are always happy to see us, and give us unconditional love. I'm sure you and your family will miss him. Post a pic when you can. Love you, Mags

The Sutherlands said...

Oh Tonya!!!! I am so sorry! It is so hard to lose a pet! I am so happy that I got to meet Rocky... he was a cool cat! I think that we will get to see our pets again in heaven... because I don't think it would feel as special if we didn't get to see ALL of our loved ones! So sorry for your loss!!!!!!
Love ya,
Tiff

The Whitmarsh Crew said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cat. They really do become a member of the family, don't they? Thinking about you! It was good seeing you guys in church the other day. We miss you!

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14