So since Thanksgiving Alex and I have been trying to eat healthy and really turn our lives around. We knew the holidays would be touch and go, but not that we are in a new year and down to a pretty calm schedule we have hit the health trail FULL FORCE. We are eating really healthy, working out 5-7 days a week. (Alex 7 and me 5 :) ) But as we have been working on getting healthy I have started researching healthy eating, working out, long life etc and am learning a TON!! Some things I already knew, but never put into practice and other things are completely new to me. So....
DID YOU KNOW:
1. It is completely possible to totally transform someones body within 12 WEEKS? - of course they would need to be doing all the right things
2. You are supposed to eat 1g of protein for every pound you weigh whether or not you work out...that is a LOT of protein. Just to give you an idea - a 4 oz chicken breast (size of your palm) has 24g. I do not currently eat this much protein, but am going to start.
3. Eating protein does NOT give you bulk -- it makes you lean and gives you definition in your muscles, so don't be afraid to eat protein (healthy proteins of course)
4. Body transformation is 80% diet and 20% exercise (both are necessary)
5. Diet Soda, alcohol and coffee all put toxins into your body (this Alex has been telling me for YEARS because i have a bit of a diet coke habit)
6. Body Cleanses can do all of the following: increase your metabolism, allow healthy body flow, help to jump start a diet, remove toxins from your body
That is all I can think of right now, but I am loving learning about being healthy....currently I am researching to get a better understanding of what my daily intake of many things SHOULD be...like SALT or fat (good fats) and water. I have a lean cuisine for lunch pretty much every day and they are chalk full of sodium...so the salt lesson should be interesting.
I have been a 'dieter' since high school. I am not someone who can eat whatever I want and not gain weight and I will always be someone that has to watch her weight, but this go round has been so much more enjoyable because I am learning about the health reasons for doing things and not just focused on trying to get skinny. This in itself has been an answer to prayer because I have been praying that God would change my mindset on dieting....not to be focused on weight but on health. My sister in law and I both use Spark.com...it is a great sight to track calories, get recipes and healthy eating tips.
Anyways....let me know if you have any great health facts to share!! I am all ears. :)