Monday, September 8, 2008

We are doing it!!



I am training for my second marathon!! Jenn Crouse and I ran the Houston one back in 2005 and now it is time to start training for Marathon #2. We are going to run the Dallas White Rock marathon. I am training with about 5 other people, sort of, we haven't all ran together yet. But I am definately training with Catherine. I am really excited! We are on week two of our training. Our long run this past weekend was 6 miles. So far, so good. It will only get harder from here.

I remember when Jenn and I trained for the last one, all the bible verses talking about running the race or endurance came totally alive, so I am excited to re-visit those verses and learn more from them. My goal this race is to run the whole time (with our walk breaks of course). Last time we walk/ran the last 8 miles. This time I would like to stay on our planned running pace and finish in under 5 hours. It is definately do-able and I think Catherine will be a great running buddy. She is very driven, so that will push me a lot!

I am excited for the challenge, but also getting nervous about the race itself. The first marathon was really hard, partially because we were under prepared, and I don't want the same problems to come up again. In order to avoid those problems, I need to read up on it and get pointers.

I will keep you posted on the progress of training.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

haha perhaps if we actually had run more than 12 miles before the race we could have done better :) haha.

i'm so proud of you. i cant wait to see how this next one goes.

Stacey said...

good luck training! that is such a great accomplishment.

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14