Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend in Horseshoe Bay

Bri and I had a great weekend in Horseshoe Bay visiting Mom & Dad. The weekends ALWAYS feel too short, but are always great.

Bri and I at The Yacht Club

Mom and Dad and I at Brunch

(Dad was complaining that we were surrounding him)

I need to brag on my parents a little. Bri and I were talking about how some people have different types of relationships with their parents. Some still treat you like they did when you were growing up, some you can't wait to get away from, some you enjoy but still have that parent-child relationship and some consider their parents their friends. Well I am definately in that last category. Although I still go to Mom & Dad for advice, to pipck their brain, to learn from their different experiences, I definately ENJOY every minute spent with my parents and consider them friends. Alex and I feel very blessed to have friendships with our family on BOTH sides. Alex's family is the best ever as well...but I just wanted to brag about my parents for a minute.

I am so grateful for my parents and love that we have so much life to live together as friends. I look forward to all the exciting moments in the future like getting to tell them when we are pregnant (for the record - we aren't!), or when we are moving and future vacations together. Alex and I are going back to Disneyworld in fall of 2009 and I think Mom and Dad are considering coming too!!! Anyways, love you Mom and Dad!!

While we were in HSB, we made an appetizer of Stuffed Mushrooms. I like the idea, but I wasn't so much a fan of this particular recipe. I will try another recipe in the future.

Recipe - from the Food Network

(This is Giada's recipe from Everyday Italian)


Mushrooms ready to go in the oven

Bri and I ready to go out on the boat

Mama and Me
Again, surrounded


I heart Dad!

It was so much fun Bri!! Glad we could make the trip. I feel like it was our closing weekend before you head off to South Africa(even though you aren't leaving for quite a few months, things are going to get busier and busier). I am grateful that God allowed the timing to work out so we could spend this weekend together. :)

Here's to being best friends for 16 years

1 comment:

Jenn said...

i'm so glad it was fun! your msg says you are sore ... is that from the boat?!?!

you girls are wonderful.

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14