Friday, April 25, 2008

So grateful!!!

I am having one of those days where I am just thankful for God being an intentional God. God knows EVERY little detail in our lives. Every line in the bible is intentional, every event in our lives can be used to teach us about God and every interaction we have has purpose.

I am in awe of the people God has put in my life and the TIMING of when they became a part of my life. I am so thankful for my friend Erin. She does my hair and we were talking last night about different friendships and I told her I was grateful for her being friends with Nikki, because otherwise I would have never been told to go to Erin in Houston. (Nikki did my Mom's hair and I asked her if she had any people in Houston she suggested) Erin is a GREAT source of advice. She is very intentional in the words she uses and advice she gives. She is wonderful at keeping things in perspective and reminding you of the constant spiritual battle going on. She is an unexpected friend and a valued sister in Christ.

I also talked with a friend of mine this morning and I started letting her know how my job is and how I felt about leaving my old job. For me, it was the best decision I have ever made, but I can only say that looking back. I know that God specifically placed me here with Texon at this time and I am SO grateful he did. It has allowed me the balance I was so desiring. I wanted work to be consistant enough that I could spend time with God, with Alex, in the word, with family, work out, and volunteer. I had no idea how it would all work out, but God knew and came through a better way than I could have ever imagined. I work for what I feel is one of the best companies in the world. My company FULLY supports their employees and just as importantly, the employees families. They spend time volunteering in the community, while also supporting each of our individual passions. I just feel so grateful to be here. I wish everyone I knew could find a place here, because I know they would feel blessed as well.

I just read Jenn's blog about appreciating where God has placed her RIGHT NOW, and I totally know what she means. I feel like this week God is just reminding me, "Tonya, I have EVERY thing under control. Every second of your day, every thought you have, every desire in your heart--all you have to do is just trust me and keeping walking with ME! Don't try and do it on your own. I have BETTER things planned than you could ever imagine." Praise Jesus, we don't have to do this alone, praise the all-knowing God that he wants to take care of us.

If you are in a place where you just need guidance, just pray to LET GO! Let God take control and STOP worrying. His plans are better!

I love you all. Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

PRAISE THE LORD FOR HIS PROVISION!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

mmm i love reading these kinds of ramblings.

God is good.

love you sister.

Jasmine said...

Tonya, you just keep on rambling bc you have no idea how encouraging you are to me as I am still in this "old job"!! Thanks for the reminder to just trust and let go bc He does have a plan for all of us!! : ) He is AWESOME!!

Whitney said...

Tonya - I hadn't seen your blog before! I am so glad you commented so I could link up with you. Your thoughts are SO encouraging! My friend Shayna jusy reminded me this week of how "nice" God is, and I have to agree. At times He can seem distant, but looking back I am amazed at His kindness and gentleness. Its always when we look back, right? We are super excited about the house. It is in the sweetest little neighborhood in SPring Branch. I love it - it has wood floors - how could I not? So glad to see you blog too - I will be checking back often!

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14