Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dinner Menu

Phew!! The last couple of weeks have been SUPER BUSY!! I feel like we have barely had time to sit down. Our busy time is not completely over, but at least next week we have nothing planned on any night except Bible Study night. :) So...I just planned out our meals for next week so I can go to the grocery store tonight.

I really like to cook, but I am very inexperienced but I LOVE trying new recipes! Alex is very patient with me and all my tryings. I told him he had to have an open mind this week as all 4 meals are new recipes. After every meal, I make Alex vote. The meal is either a.) "A Re-doer" or b.)"Not again."

I have only had one "not again" meal and we BOTH agreed that it was awful. We will see how this week goes.

Here is the Menu in no particular order:
Meal #1: Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo with cornbread
Meal #2: Classic Chicken and Rice Casserole
Meal #3: Baja Fish Tacos with Lime-Cilantro Crema
Meal #4: Pecan Crusted Chicken over romaine lettuce

On the fish note...does anyone have any good pointers on cooking fish and reducing the STINK?? I really want to incorporate more fish into our diet, but HATE the smell from cooking fish and we don't have a grill to grill outside on.

Anyways.....I will let you know what re-doers come out of this next week. I am just excited to have the time to cook again. I won't know what to do with myself in the second half of April when all the weddings are over. So much free time :)

2 comments:

crystal said...

tonya! i plan our meals for the week out too! makes me feel so organized! my tip for fish is to wrap it in foil with whatever seasonings and toppings you want and broil it in the oven. this is how i do ours and i usually don't have a problem with the smell! let me know how it works for ya!

Erika Waters said...

use a lampe berger (how in the World do you spell that??!), keep the vent fan going, and I agree...an oven is definitely better than using a skillet or frying pan.

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14