Thursday, May 1, 2014

Let's Get Real -- This girl LOVES salad.



I LOVE salads, but when you are trying to eat healthy, salads can sometimes be the hardest choice because at most restaurants they come full of lots of veggies, but also lots of calories between all the toppings and dressing.  

I went to Barnaby's on Wednesday and had their Sausalito salad.  I requested no tortilla strips.  I picked it because it had lots of veggies, a vinaigrette rather than a cream based dressing and a lighter cheese.  Ya'll, this salad was AMAZING!!  It had a cumin vinaigrette on it which was fabulous.  I make my own dressings at home pretty much every time we had salad, and I had never though to make a cumin vinaigrette, but will be trying it next week!  


Anyways, this salad was really good, but pretty healthy overall.  Romaine lettuce, cabbage, chicken, peanut pieces, queso fresco, jicama, grape tomatoes and viniagrette.

What are your favorite salads???

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14