Thursday, April 3, 2014

My Girl....



I have been JAMMING to the "Uptown Girl" station on Pandora this week.  In my heart sometimes I wonder if I was born in the wrong decade musically.  I LOVE the oldies...Alex always laughs that I know all the words to songs LONG before my time.  My Dad always had the music on, so these songs will stay deep in my heart forever!

Anyways, there are so many blessings to being married to someone I have known for almost 15 years...we grew up together and were able to go through some different phases in life together.  Well, if you know Alex as an adult, you may not know that he was a VERY talented musician and considered performing full time and went to college on a music scholarship.  He played tuba and was phenomenal.  I hope one day he can buy himself a tuba and play it as a hobby. Well when we were in college, he called me one day (remember he was in Houston at UH and I was at A&M).  He was messing around on his tuba and just started playing My Girl to me over the phone.  Ever since then, every time I hear this song, I think of him.

If you are married to someone who loves music, you can appreciate how much music automatically connects you to thinking of that person.  Alex loves great classical music and is always singing.  I love that about him.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14