Wednesday, January 8, 2014

21 DSD


Over Christmas, a couple of my friends mentioned they were doing a 21 Day Sugar Detox starting January 6th and asked me if I wanted to join in.  At first I was hesitant.  I am not a huge sweet fan, so I didn't think there was really a need.  Jenn and Catherine explained to me that it is a detox from all sugar, artificial sweeteners, most processed things and gluten.

Last year was not my most healthy year, so I decided to start off 2014 with the 21 DSD.  I definitely needed the jumpstart to weight loss.  I am doing level 1 which allows me to eat pretty much all meat, seafood and eggs, as well as pretty much all veggies.  Level 1 also allows for 1/2 cup of certain beans or gluten free grains, as well as 1 cup of full fat dairy.

My overall goal for this 21 DSD was NO cheating....and now having wrapped up Day 3, I have not cheated yet!!  I am a little sleepy today, which I read was fairly common, but overall feel good.  I do hope weight loss is also a benefit, but I have been eating MUCH healthier than the way I ended 2013, so its already benefitting me.

I will post every week regarding how I feel, weight loss etc.  I am sure temptations will get worse as the days wear on, but I am looking forward to the challenge!

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14