Wednesday, November 6, 2013

30 Days of Thanks: Day 6 - Thankful for my Mama

If you are fortunate enough, you will meet a person in your lifetime that has the sweetest spirit.  They are easy to talk to because you know they bring NO judgement.  They are easy to rely on because they never fail you.  They are easy to laugh with because not only do they laugh at themselves, but they find ways to enjoy each day to the fullest.  They fill up a room with their joy and love and you leave almost every encounter with them feeling better about your day, situation etc.  If you are fortunate, you will get to meet someone like this.  If you are blessed beyond belief, you will be given a person like this as your mom.  

Have you met my Mom?  Then you know what I mean.  "Oh Betty" is often what my friends will say, because my Mom just brings an energy you don't find in anyone else.  If you haven't met her yet, you should.  She is worth meeting.  Saying I love my Mom doesn't even begin to express how much I appreciate that she is in my life.  I talk to her every day....she is my closest friend.  I find myself making up excuses just to get to see her.  Alex really wants to have a little girl and if you ask him why, he will tell you one of the reasons is because he hopes I can have a relationship with  my daughter like the relationship I have with my Mom.(he also just thinks they are "sweet")  



Mom, I am so thankful for you.  You are my friend, my sister in Christ, my counselor, my teacher, my cohort a lot of time and most importantly, my Mom.  You and Dad have set such a great example of a healthy loving marriage for Alex and I to follow.  Your legacy is only beginning, but it will be a great one.  Thank you for leading in your faith, for challenging me to think and stand up for myself.  Thank you for being an independent, stubborn, proactive woman who is also genuine, tender hearted and encouraging.  I will NEVER be able to fill your shoes, and I know you wouldn't want me to anyways.  You always want me to be my own person.  You are seriously amazing and it is because you allow God to lead your decisions.  You seek out the Word for guidance and comfort.  I love you.








No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14