Thursday, October 10, 2013

Weekend Getaway to San Antonio

We headed to San Antonio a couple weeks back for the UH vs. UTSA Game.  We decided to take our niece, Alyssa with us.  Jose also joined us, so it became a family weekend.  It was so much fun and I loved all the quality time with Alyssa.  She is my sleepover buddy, so we had a ball.  We had a boys side of the room and a girls side of the hotel room.  :)  Four is a really fun age.  


Alyssa would wake Alex up each morning going "Wake Up! Its morning time!!"

No weekend is complete without a Disney Princess Coloring Book.  Am I right?

Drawing pictures
 Saturday we tailgated all day before the game.  There was lots of ball throwing, bubble blowing and drawing with chalk.  Not to mention a torrential downpour, which allowed us so time to just sit under the tailgate tent.


How precious and cute is this little girl?

Steven quickly becomes all the kids favorite.  He bought them all Cougar gear!

BUBBLES!!



Precious pic of our friend Harrison sleeping during the game, still holding the Cougar foam picture.
Sunday, we went to Seaworld for the day!  The weather was pretty pleasant and it wasn't too crowded, so we got to see pretty much everything!
Waiting for Shamu

This boy is attached to his phone.  :)  But he was so much fun to have along on the trip.  I first met Jose when he was four years old.  He graduates high school this year and has grown into such a great young man!

Shamu!



Alyssa had been looking forward to the penguins all day, and it was our last stop.  We bought Peanut the Penguin, so she is in the remainder of these pics.  :)





Alyssa kept saying the following on the way home....

"I have a joke.  There once was this penguin and it kept saying 'Hey you peanut car, stop being a peanut."  She would crack up every time she told his joke.  I love four year olds and hearing how they see the wo

1 comment:

Alex & Tonya said...

OK, so blogger won't let me edit this unfinished post....annoying.

My ending was that I love seeing the world through the eyes of a four year old. :)

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14