Thursday, January 10, 2013

Best of Leiva

We are SO fortunate in Houston to have a lot of fun and unique things to eat, see and do.  I thought I would post some of the best places I have tried so far.  Let me know if you have any "Best of Houston" places and I will be sure to try them out.  Also, let me know if you try any of these places!

Best Date Night Place:
Alt tagCoppa - Coppa is an eclecticly decorated italian restaurant with unique dishes and great wine prices.  Alex and I first learned about Coppa from Jason and Samantha, but have gone back numerous times and absolutely LOVE it.  I even celebrated by 29th birthday there last year. 



Raven Grill: Raven Grill is a great quaint little restaurant, with a really calm atomosphere and the food is fabulous.  We learned about Raven Grill from Mikey and Erika and LOVE IT.





Best Lunch Spot(s):
PHOENICIA_DELI_LOGO



Arpi's Phoenicia Deli and Coffeehouse: Arpi's is a mediterranean place that has homemade hummus and bottomless pita bread, both crispy and soft.  I haven't tried it yet for dinner, but want to.









Zoe's Kitchen: I frequent Zoe's a lot and tend to order the Protein Power Plate over steamed veggies thanks to Amanda! It is delish!

       


Ruggles Green: Ruggles Green is my ALL TIME favorite lunch or dinner place.....you.can.not.go.wrong.no.matter.what.you.order.




Best Happy Hour:

Benjy's: They have everything for $5 so it is a steal and oh so good.  They make a great Blood Orange Margarita!







Some New Places I have tried that may become a best.....
  • Simone on Sunset -- this is a great lounge and they have a very modern juke box that Alex and I love!
  • Hearsay Gastro Lounge -- we went here with my theater group (seperate post) and LOVED it!!!!  Unique drinks and food options. 



Best Hair Salon:


Therapy Hair Studio in The Galleria -- Go see Erin.  Your hair will thank you!!







Best Food/Spiritual/Other Blogs to Follow: (besides personal blogs....love all of you!)
  • Living Proof Blog -- great encouragement and challenges.  I can't wait for Beth Moore to start teaching us about Thessalonians next week.
  • Our Best Bites -- great, do-able recipes, gift ideas and fun things to do with kiddos.  Seriously, CHECK THEM OUT!!!
  • Skinny Taste. -- I am new to Skinny Taste, but loving it so far. 
  • Erin Condren -- she makes the CUTEST personalize planners, stationary, call back cards, gift bags, and the list goes on and on.  LOVE her stuff.
Best Running Loops/Trails:
  • Terry Hershey Park -- 6 miles of trails down the bayou
  • Memorial Park
  • Bayou Loop
  • Tonya and Jenn's Half marathon loop -- that is right, we are famous!
Seriously, if you want any more detail on these loops, just ask! 

Best Shellac in  Houston:
  • Bora Bora Nail Salon
  • Isle Pedi Spa
Best 5K in Houston:
The Color Run!!


Best 9th Grade Girls Group EVER!!!! Just missing a pic of Desiree.



Best Dog in the world:

Best Best Friend Pic taken to date:

Now, I am just being silly....I should go home.  Have a blessed day!

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14