Thursday, October 4, 2012

October 4th....Happy Wedding Anniversary!

Today my parents celebrate 32 years of marriage.  I am SO blessed to have an amazing Mom and Dad. 


Mom and Dad at my wedding, i.e. the best day on the face of the planet!

So many times when people hear about "God the Father" they can't relate because their Dad is a poor reflection.  Understanding God as The Father has always been very easy for me because I have a Dad who is perfect (yes, I know he is not actually perfect), but my Dad has always supported my dreams, pushed me to challenge myself, but also reminded me to stay grounded and keep things in perspective. 

In the same way, Proverbs 31 talks about a woman of high praise and goes on detailing what makes her praiseworthy by her husband and her family.  My Mom reflects so much of this woman and has given me huge shoes to fill.  I often say (and mean) that if in my life I am half the woman that my Mom is, I will be blessed.  She is one of those special people that without saying much, can draw you in and has an overabundance of joy that you can't help yourself but love her.  Try it...try to not like her....it won't work.  She is SO selfless and generous with her time.  Always serving others first and always there and ready to listen to me talk WAY TOO MUCH! 

Aside from their individual qualities, my parents have a united marriage.  My Mom ALWAYS respects my Dad first and my Dad always shows us how much he loves my Mom. No matter how much I am complaining about Dad, Mom will never contribute.  She could be a politician.  :)  She will listen to my issue and comfort while still supporting my Dad.  How do you do that?!?!  In ths ame way, do this day, when my Dad walks into a room he will make a comment like "Oh there is my beautiful wife" or something like that.

On top of all that, they are supportive of Scott and I and always willing to help, but also allow us to express ourselves as adults.  Seriously, I am SO grateful for the ways I can see God through my parents and the lessons I have been able to understand because I have a tangible example. Thank you Mom and Dad for loving me and for challenging me to be a good person, with strong morals and passion in my beliefs.  I obviously wouldn't exist without you, but I don't know where I would be without your influence throughout life.  I love you.
At the Race for Cure on Mom's 10 year anniversary of being CANCER FREE
In MN.  I was showing Mom, Grandma and Grandpa the Mary Kay manicure system.  :) 

At Lori's Baby Shower -- I need more pics of just Mom and Dad.  I will work on that this holiday season!

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad.  Praying for many many more. 

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14