Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 2nd.....Blessing




Sometimes I think it is crazy how God can lay things out in our life that we can't even see a need for.  Alex and I met over 10 years ago and yet, he is the PERFECT match for my needs and struggles at this particular point in my life.  Since Alex and I started dating in high school, we have both obviously changed a lot and grown up a lot, and yet, he is PERFECT for me.  I am so grateful that I entrusted God to put Alex and I together and that as a marriage we have relied on Him for guidance and put our trust and foundation in God. 

One of the things that I never realized I would value so highly in a husband is their ability to make me laugh.  Alex is a pretty reserved guy with most, but if you know him semi well at all, you know that he is HILARIOUS!!  Without even trying.  He makes me laugh daily and I am so blessed because of it.  I wish I could make him laugh in the same way, but I am just not that funny.  I am more corny and make him laugh because I am often times ridiculous.  But, regardless, I am so thankful for Alex and all the many ways he is perfectly paired for me and thank God for knowing the details long before we do.  (boy did I need to hear myself say that)

God knows.  I don't know often times, but God does.  God knew I would need Alex and provided me with a true "help mate".  I am so lucky to have him.  I told Alex's Grandma the other day, that I got the best of the 3 boys...and although Alex's brothers are each special and wonderful, for me, Alex is the best.  :)

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14