Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Big White Wave

I had the opportunity to go on our youth mission trip in July.  It was SUCH a blessing and has challenged me so much in my faith.  I was so blessed growing up in my youth group with great teachers and am loving giving back to our youth too.  Definately keeps me in check.  I  have started teaching on sunday mornings and am loving it.  I have 9th grade girls and they keep me on my toes!

For the mission trip, we went to Branson MO and teamed up with 6 local churches.  At each of the sites we have service, evangelism, VBS, sports camp and social justice.  I was responsible for VBS at our site.  We drove to Branson in 25 white 15 passenger vans...i was a PRO at driving them around the hills by the end of the week.  I think I had the oldest van, we called her Bertha.  She didn't brake the best on those hills, but she got us home safely!

My Cabin on the mission trip were these four lovely almost 12 graders.  They taught me all about K-pop (korean pop music) and definately kept it interesting.  They were so sweet and so thoughtful.  I miss spending my days with them!
At Dixieland Stampede with my girls.

My cabin: K-dizzle; Tofu; Klisty Lice and Woo Tang Clan
 [I gave them all theme nicknames each day and they LOVED it]

Two of Erika's girls that I taught this summer.  This pic reflects them perfectly!!!

Planking at VBS - Omar was one of the kids and he LOVED this. haha

Sweet VBS kids

beautiful Daniella...her and I played volleyball for like 3 hours every day that week.

Omar


Some of my VBS girls -- the students ran everything....this is before.

This was made my backdrop on my phone...

VBS is exhausting

The tent was a huge success

The whole gang
It was such an amazing week. Roger Cullins lead worship at night and if you haven't heard him yet, find him on itunes.  SUCH a gifted worship leader and it was such a joy to have an hour of worship every night for a week.  I am really hoping I can go back next summer.....it was wonderful to see God moving in the life of our youth in such huge ways.  I LOVED it.

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14