Here are the things that have happened since January:
- JAN. 2011: Cleaned out the whole house, touch up painted, staged the house and kept it spotless
- MARCH 2011: Put the house on the market
- April 2011: Sold the house in 3.5 weeks
- April 2011: Started the search for the new house and found our "dream" house that first week, only to lose it in a bidding war.
- April 2011: Found another house that was falling apart but had a lot of potential -- can we really consider renovating a WHOLE house?
- MAY 2011: Moved out of the townhouse into a condo with only a mattress, tv and two chairs...everything else went to storage.
- Memorial Day Weekend: Closed on both houses
- JUNE 2011: Renovations began and we quickly learned that every free second we had would be spent on house decisions.
- JULY 2011: Learned that our company was selling its biggest division and that we would be going through a HUGE transition not knowing if that meant I was staying or going.
- AUGUST 2011: Learn that my friend had a cancerous tumor and would have to start chemo
- AUGUST 2011: Decided it was time to consider starting a family
- October 2011: Moved into the new house while is was still being renovated
- October 2011: Learned things were not looking good for my dear friend
- October 2011: No baby yet
- October 2011: Got promoted and my workload doubled
- November 2011: Lost my sweet friend at the age of 30
As you can see, we have been in a whirlwind of a year and I am very ready for 2012 and the promise of a calmer time. We are so blessed and God continues to guide our path in ways we could never imagine, but I am left exhausted and out of breath.
I plan to write seperate posts about many of the items above, so this is just an overview. God taught me so much about His timing through the house process this year and is still teaching me a lot about the joy of the Lord is my strength through the loss of Melissa, not to mention trusting in His will and His timing through trying to start a family, and the feeling of inadequacy in getting a promotion to a position I feel completely unequipped for. We will see when I can get these posts written, not to mention before and after pics of the house!
If you made it to the end, thanks! God is REALLY teaching me so much, so please pray that He continues to do so.
Blessings my friends.