Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Prayers for Melissa


Please spread the word to anyone and everyone you know that prays to pray for my wonderful friend Melissa. She begins chemo treatment today to battle the cancer in her body.

Melissa is in bible study with me and one of the MOST unintentionally funny people I know. Seriously, if you have the opportunity to meet her, listen closely or you will miss all her hilarious side comments. I am so grateful for Melissa and love being in bible study with her.

Please pray that God would heal her and quickly. Please pray for this treatment to be the appropriate treatment for her VERY rare type of cancer and that the treatment would be effective. Please pray for Melissa, her husband Jacob and her supportive family as they go through this together. Please pray for illnesses to stay away from Melissa as her immune systems weakens due to the chemo. Pray for wisdom for the doctors at MD Anderson as they approach her treatment. (It took like 6 weeks for her to get a diagnosis because she had all of MDA researching what this cancer could possibly be)

Thank you all for your prayers. I know Melissa appreciates it. She said her goal and prayer through this process is that God would use it to give her an opportunity to share her faith with those she encounters and she has already seen the many ways He is going to use her. She is encouraging me in my faith, that is for sure.

Blessings!

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14