Sunday, July 10, 2011

Trip up North

I spent the last week up in Minnesota visiting my family. I was such a great week with lots of quality time. These trips always feel so fast because there are so many people to see. I am so glad I was able to spend the week up there, but it feels great to be back home. Work is pretty busy right now, so I am anxious to get into the office and get some work done.

Here are some pics from my week in MN.

Spending time with my cousins....

Alicia and her husband Ben are in seminary and about to move to Washington State for a year, so I was grateful for some time catching up with her. I also saw some of my other cousins, but failed to take any pics. :(
Alicia and I at lunch

I spent the second half of my trip with my Grandma Farm (my mom's mom). While we were there, Alicia, Mom and I bought a new valence for Grandma's windows, we re-upholstered Grandma's kitchen chairs with fabric from pillows she wanted to get rid of (love re-purposing stuff) and we also helped her to clean her chandelier. It looked like a new living room.
Mom and Grandma at lunch

I am so blessed to have my Grandma Farm. She has so much energy and truly finds joy in each and every day. I love any time we get to spend together. It never fails we end up belly laughing about something and I love that. Truly blessed.

The first half of my trip was spent here.....
Minnesota is so beautiful and my Grandma and Grandpa Olson have a BEAUTIFUL home on a lake and its a great retreat. On the 4th, a bunch of our family went up to the lake so I was able to see a lot of family members VERY briefly. I did get LOTS of quality time with Grandma and Grandpa though.

My wonderful Grandparents....love them SO MUCH!!
On Wednesday, my Uncle Bob had extra tickets to the Twins game, so I was able to go see the new stadium. Grandpa and I maneuvered downtown Minneapolis easily and had a BLAST. Plus it was an hour drive from the lake, so we have plenty of time to chat.

I am so grateful I was able to get to Minnesota. Its hard having family SO far away, but you have to make the best of what you have.

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14