Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2nd Annual Bible Study Retreat

Have I mentioned before that I am part of an amazing group that blesses me each and every week? Back in the fall of 2007, we started a bible study group and have since called ourselves Houston W.O.W. Bible Study. We have a VERY eclectic, WONDERFUL group and I love how God uses our differences to unite us as a group. Our group ages in range, some have kids, some are married, amongst our group we have lawyers, accountants, advertising marketers, teachers, students, cardio sonogrammers (is this at all right Melissa), HR personnel, bankers, and list goes on and between us we attend 4 plus churches. I just love it. No one, but God, could bring this random group of women together and I am SO BLESSED.

We went on our second retreat in January and it was a great weekend. We try and keep the weekend pretty laid back, focused more on fellowship than on structured time. Since we all have lots of responsibilities, it is really nice to have a weekend to get away and not worry.

This year we stayed at an AMAZING beachhouse in Galveston and it worked out PERFECTLY! We will probably be using this house again in the future.

Here are some pics from our weekend....

The Whole Gang at Retreat
(Kim, Marg, CL, Christy, me, Erika, Melissa, Sam and Amanda)


We walked down the beach a little bit on Saturday but it was pretty chilly
(we all decided January is a little too cold for retreat and will be moving future retreats to the summer I think :) )
The Lawyers
Me and Teeks

Kim and Mel

We had a fabulous time. One of the highlights of the trip was Just Dance on the Wii. Just as entertain to play as to watch. :)
We just started our next study and discussed week one last night. We are doing "Discerning the Voice of God" by Priscilla Shirer and so far I am LOVING it!! So challenging already.
I was trying to remember how many different studies we have done....I think 8 maybe. Let's count -- started with Ester at HFBC in fall of 2007, then in 2008 Breaking Free by Beth Moore, then we wanted something lighter, so we decided to read The New Eve (not good!!), then moved on to Essentials from GBC in College Station maybe, 2009 brought us 2 Timothy, then we did a personal challenge for the summer and then Revelations with Beth Moore at HFBC, in 2010 we studied Beloved Disciple, then Captivate My Heart by Laura Wilcox. (was there something in between those two?? I can't remember) -- so that puts us at 9 completed so far.
Again, I am so grateful for this group of women and look forward to seeing the group continue to grow. We started with around 3 and now our group list is up to like 18. :) Praise the Lord for knowing our needs and fulfilling all His promises.
I hope and pray your Monday is blessed.






No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14