Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Back on the wagon...

So after about 8 weeks of not being quite as focused on our healthy lifestyle....Alex and I are back on the wagon. Although we maintained our eating pretty well, our exercising definately tapered off. So, this week it is time to get re-focused.

Since we have been limiting what we eat since January...I can honestly say I am getting burned out on some of our "staple" healthy foods. Breakfast is always tough for me...I am usually in a hurry so I need something I can grab on my way to work and eat in the car or something I can bring to work and eat here. This week I decided to try some Greek Yogurt. My friend Erin has been eating this stuff since i have known her and I finally decided to give it a try. I tried it this morning and I have to say it is not too bad. It is thicker than normal yogurt so I kind of felt like I was eating a cup of cream cheese.

I also started researching this morning the difference between greek yogurt and regular yogurt. I will let you know what I find out.

Do I have any Greek Yogurt lovers that know some of the reasons why it is so good for you and/or have recommendations of very healthy brands?

I did learn that when picking out yogurt it is important to try and find yogurt with less than 30 grams of sugar per 6 ounce serving. Even with the full fat greek yogurt I had this morning, it was under 30 grams of sugar. Check!

I am also going to attempt to get back to only drinking water...no diet sodas. This has also not been as bad as usual, but I still drink them too much. So today I stole an idea from a co-worker and added a cucumber slice to my water....kind of like being at a spa...only no massage and I still have to think....but good none-the-less and a nice change from plain water.

If anyone has any healthy tips they want to share, I am all ears. :)

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14