Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Hero

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA!!!



Today my mom celebrates her birthday. I know many will say this, but I honestly think that I have the best Mom in the world. Seriously, I would put her up against ANYONE! And most that have met her, would probably agree.... My mom is the most genuine, sincere, sensitive, independent, beautiful (inside and out), encouraging, challenging, understanding, loving, forgiving, PATIENT (I mean she put up with me all my life), and fun person I have ever met. She has so many amazing qualities that I could write a whole book on it. My Mom has shown me so much over the years, but I appreciate her SO MUCH more now that I am getting older. There are so many times where I am like "how did Mom do all this??" She is who I go to when I need to think things through, when I am frustrated, excited, sad....she is my sounding board and always there to give honest advice. I am such a fan of my parents....I love for my friends to get to meet my parents, because I feel like you leave better for having met and interacted with them. I am SO grateful that I have been blessed to be my mom's daughter and soak up any second I get to spend with her. So much so, that for my birthday present I am taking off a day of work and I asked Mom to come in town and play hookie with me. I can not WAIT to have a whole day to spend with Mom. Going to be great!! I feel so fortunate to have such a wonderful mom that is even a better friend.

Here are some pics of my wonderful Mom!

Mom and I doing Race for the Cure

This is my ABSOLUTE favorite pic of me and my parents
Mom, Dad and I on my wedding day

(i.e. best day of my life that I would repeat over and over and over and over if I could....I keep asking Dad if he wants to do it again...but he keeps saying no :( )

Mom and I at McD's in the Artic (i.e. Minnesota in January)

Mom, Happy Happy Birthday!!! I love you SO much and am so grateful for you. You are the greatest woman I know and my hero. I hope and pray that one day I am half the woman that you are. You have taught me so much about being a selfless wife, mom and friend. You have taught me what it looks like to support and stand behind your husband no matter how frustrated your daughter is with him; you have taught me how to enjoy your family and how to enjoy life. You have shown me a Proverbs 31 woman through your daily life. To me, you are a true reflection of the love God is calling us to exhibit, love without condition. Almost all you do is for someone else and never self motivated. You are such a hard worker and so dedicated to your family. I can't wait for your grandkids to get to have fun at Nana's house. (for the record--i CAN wait -- no babies on the way)

Thank you for challenging me to have integrity, to challenge myself, to love others first, to serve others first, to stand behind Alex and support him, and to constantly seek Christ. I love you so much. I hope you have a great day today and have fun celebrating tonight.

Happy Birthday!!

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14