Sunday, December 21, 2008

Nat came in town


Last Friday Night, my good friend Natalie drove into Houston from Austin.  Natalie and I were roommates our sophmore year and then backyard neighbors our Junior and Senior year.  Natalie even put pegs on our fences, so we could climb back and forth.  

Natalie is currently a missionary in Mbale, Uganda at Lulwanda Childrens Home.  There is a link to her blog from mine. (Nat in Mbale)  Natalie has a wonderful servants heart and is currently the Phonix teacher over there.  She came home for a few months and made her way to Houston.

It was so GREAT to see her.  The only bad part is that it reminds me of how much I miss her.  Natalie is one of those people that you can't help but feel (1) the love she has for the Lord and (2) the love she has for you.  She is truly doing a great thing over in Mbale.  Check out her blog for updates and prayer needs.

Anyways, Nat was only here for a short time, so we chatted and went to dinner and chatted some more until we were both exhausted.  We got up the next morning and made a yummy breakfast of pancakes and eggs.  We had to get some errands run and she had other people to visit so we said goodbye before lunch.  It was short but sweet. 

When we walked out to her car...lo and behold....someone had broken into her step mom's car that she was borrowing.  She had nothing of value in the car, but they did steal a black bag that was in the back seat that had her bible, journal and prayer cards she was going to send out to all her supporters.  

WE both kind of laughed that they took the time to break into a missionary's car and all they got to show for it was her bible and prayer cards.  God's humor is funny sometimes.  I am keeping my eye out for the black bag in case someone discards in somewhere in our neighborhood.

The one great thing about the break in incident was that it gave Natalie and I a few more hours together.  Thanks for coming in town Nat!!  It was great to see you!


1 comment:

Natalie said...

aw tonya... my secret is now out that i dont check blogs all the time but when i do i read back on all the ones i missed since the last time i checked. SO, i am surprised and feel joy in my heart that i would have a whole posting about my visit. Thanks for loving me!! i had a great time with you and you are very special to my little heart!

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14