Monday, November 24, 2008

A Fall Weekend in Horsheshoe Bay

We went to Mom and Dad's this past weekend. I LOVE the hill country in the fall...that brisk, cool weather. It was just wonderful. Plus we don't all get together as much as we would like, so it always nice to have a weekend with family. Scott and Amanda came up and my Grandparents are in town from MN so we had a full house. It was GREAT!!!



I went running early Saturday morning and was it CHALLENGING!! All those hills....we don't even come CLOSE in Houston. Hopefully it helped prepare me for Dallas. White Rock Half marathon is only a couple weeks away. :) Have I mentioned that I am SO SO SO glad we are ONLY doing half!!!! Praise Jesus for that. I am jsut excited about the run and not dreading it. Should be fun!



Here are some pics from the weekend...



Mom and Spencey





Saturday the guys went and golfed and the girls went into town for lunch. We also stopped by Zoo La La (Marble Falls version of William Sonoma) to purchase some christmas candles. I bought the 'Mulled Cider' Tyler Candle. It is amazing...great suggestion Kim!


Mom and Grandma at Lunch



Me and Sister at Lunch



In case you are curious, we ate at Houston Depot which has the BEST chicken fingers.... :)





Amanda, Mom and Brenna-Boo


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


While we were there, we made Lefse. Lefse is a Norwegian version of a tortilla, only made out of potatoes. Grandma and grandpa make it every year for the holidays. Mom bought a lefse griddle, so we can start making it every year here (had to special order it since they don't sell them here) In MN, you can buy lefse at the grocery store.

Here is the lefse all rolled out on the lefse grill



Mom and Grandma with the tools!




Me and Grandpa
(I love this picture of us...I am going to frame it)

Mom, Me and Amanda


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news...my Dad finally caved and Mom and Dad got a DOG!! They adopted Skid from the SPCA. He is a Golden Retriever/Corgi mix. He is the most chill dog and loves everyone. He is a great addition to the family.
And I would say that Dad is a little attached.....






What do you think?



It was such a great weekend. I am so thankful for my family on both sides. We are so blessed.
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Upcoming Events that will become blogs:
Adam and Lindsey's Wedding
Thanksgiving
Meeting my niece!!! (she is due on Thanksgiving)
















1 comment:

Jenn said...

whew! i'm so glad you have a new camera. thank you alex!!!

love the update and the picture with your grandpa. too sweet.

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14