Thursday, July 31, 2008

A much needed update with nothing to say....

So, I know the blog has been lacking lately. It is almost as if not having a camera caused me to lose my ability to think of things to blog about.

So, in order to keep Linds happy...here is an update on what we have going on.

Last weekend Alex and I got baptized at our church First Baptist. I have been debating getting baptized for years now, but for some reason the timing never felt right. Now, I can see why....getting to experience getting baptized on the same day as Alex was A-MAZING!! The way our church does it is you walk into the water and then turn around. Alex went first and I was waiting at the stairs so we were facing each other while the Pastor explained why we were getting baptized. Going through this together was definately as meaningful as our wedding ceremony. Once I get a couple pictures from the day, I will post them up here. We were blessed to have many people their to support and encourage us. We are very fortunate in that we feel God has blessed us with absolutely wonderful families and friends. Both of our families are more supportive and loving than we could ever ask for. I have learned SO MUCH about love from Alex's family. They are truly a team and work through everything together. We have great friends too, many of which I would consider more of family.

This weekend I am going to Canton for Canton Trade Days for a Mother-daughter weekend with my Mom and sister-in-law Amanda. It should be a great weekend away. None of us have been to Canton before, so it will be a great first time experience. I will post pictures from that next week.

The weekend starts early today with a Texon Bowling event this afternoon. Hope your weekend is great!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update!!

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14