Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pizza Making is not for the faint of heart :)

(not the pizzas we made)

Bri and I hung out last night. She is 'single' this week and had her Wednesday free because Josh along with all of their youth are at camp. We decided we would cook dinner together and watch So You Think You Can Dance. She suggested we make our own pizzas.
This was such a GREAT idea. It was so much fun and you could pick your own ingredients. Our eyes were WAY bigger than our stomaches, but that is ok. It was really fun, although I must say, our pizzas were VERY ugly. I am hoping to finesse the process in the future. We were talking about all the times this would be a fun dinner event: a couple's dinner party, a girls night or with a bunch of little kids.
If you are interested in having your own Pizza Party, here are all the ingredients you need:
-pizza crust (the ones in the section where the cookie dough and crescents are)
-marinara sauce or olive oil if you aren't a sauce person
-cheese (after last night, I prefer white italian cheese as opposed to the 'pizza' cheese blend that has cheddar)
-any topping you can dream up: pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, chicken, spinach etc
You can change it up too and make strombolis, or pizza rolls or calzones or breadsticks. :)

We attempted a stuffed crust for Alex (Bri-fyi for next time, it needed more cheese but I am thinking we could just buy string cheese and roll around that :) ). He said it was ok. He was not a huge fan of the plan ol' Ragu sauce, so next time I will get something more exciting.
Happy Thursday!!!

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14