Wednesday, April 16, 2008

How much can you do in ONE weekend in NASHVILLE?!?

Alex and I were in Nashville this past weekend for Brandyn's wedding. I met Brandyn through Philadelphia Sisters (christian sorority from college) and we were roommates our 5th year along with Melanie and Erika.
Here are all the Bridesmaids
Lori, the BRIDE, Mel, Smelly Kelly, me, Kylee and Whitney
The weekend began on Thursday with Brandyn's bachelorette party. Our flight was delayed, so Erika and I missed dinner, but met up with everyone at the Hotel. Thanks to Lori's connections we got to stay at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Nashville. From there we headed out around downtown Nashville. It was really fun because the city was packed.
We were walking down the street and this guy was playing his guitar. When he heard that Brandyn was getting married, he dedicated a song to her. 'Bye Bye Miss American Pie'
Here she is being serenaded. (sp?)
What we didn't realize was that that song is SEVEN MINUTES LONG!! We couldn't just walk away since he had dedicated it to her....
Here we are trying to look interested at like minute 4
I think we left shortly after this
Throughout the night Brandyn had a list of "Tasks" she had to complete. One of the tasks was to get marriage advice on a napkin. She found 3 older gentlemen at a table at the Wild Horse and this is one of the guy's advice. Sweet huh.
I wanted to take a picture with the Droopy Horse.
You can't see it, but he had on a mini sumbrero.
Kel and I out and about (Kel is another Philly Girl)
Friday was a very crazy busy exhausting day -- especially since we had only slept 3 hours the night before. We were supposed to spend the day setting up for the wedding and were not able to due to terrential rain and hail.
This is to show our frustration with the 'weather'
The wedding day was another busy day, but was beautiful. Minus the freezing weather. You will notice all the fleeces down below.
Completing a little Pre-Ceremony business.....the things we do for our friends.
I actually REALLY love this picture.


Lori and I at the wedding. It was SO good to see her this weekend. Lori and I have been friends since middle school and were roommates four of my five years at A&M.
She is one of the most loving and selfless people I will ever know.
Love you Buckster



Me and my Honey....he worked his booty off and still looks all put together!!!




Us again with the my two jackets on



Happy Honeymooning Brandyn! Have FUN in Thailand!!!!


1 comment:

Bri Westbury said...

WOW! That was a busy weekend! It amazinng how much work it is to make a wedding happen! And just think-how would we pee without our friends on our wedding day!

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14