Monday, January 21, 2008

Alex's Gallbladder is officially GONE!


I just wanted to write a quick post to say thank you to all who were praying for Alex and I this past week with the surgery and everything.


The surgery itself went great, but Alex suffered from Pulminary Edema which is is swelling and/or fluid accumulation in the lungs. It leads to impaired gas exchange and may cause respiratory failure. It is due to failure of the heart to remove fluid from the lung circulation. Alex's oxygen levels were low, so they kept him in the hospital a couple of days just to make sure nothing else was causing the lack of oxygen.


I have to admit that even though all the doctors said that there was nothing to worry about, it was still a little scary. The thought of losing Alex is terrifying. I had a conversation with myself driving home from the hospital on Thursday night and reminded myself not to be anxious or fearful and just to trust the Lord. My conversation then looked a little like this....


Me: "Do you believe and TRUST that all things happen for a reason?"

Myself: "Yes."

Me: "Do you believe that God can be glorified in all situations and that he will help you through all situations?"

Myself: "Yes, I can honestly say I believe that WHOLE-HEARTEDLY. But, I am still human and allowed to be scared right now!"


Anyways, Alex is home still today, but has improved a lot! Thank you to everyone that called me throughout the week to check up on me...I never felt alone for ONE SECOND! I am blessed with some GREAT family and friends. LOVE LOVE!!


No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14