Monday, April 28, 2014

Journey Towards Health - Week 1 Progress Update

I have found that for me, the best form of accountability is transparency, so I will be doing a weekly post to track my progress on health.  This will allow me to encourage myself by reflecting on my successes, but also to challenge myself and focus on the areas where I didn't meet my goals.  Its like my weekly "weigh in".  Plus it will keep health at the forefront of my mind.

OK, so let's take a look at how the last week went?

  • Weight (Up or Down): Down 1.6 pounds -- this is actually less loss than I was expecting, but it is progress and that is all that matters.
  • Exercised? -- yep!  Goal was 3 times and I exercised four times. 
  • Track on My Fitness Pal -- yes!  Not a perfect week...but pretty good.
  • Fit Bit Goal -- This was not as successful.  I didn't make my step goal every day and have now misplaced my Fit Bit, so this goal is MIA for the time being. 
  • No Sodas -- FAIL!  I had soda at least 4 times.  
So, overall not perfect and definitely room for improvement. I am trying to schedule out and plan out my meals and exercise for the week so that I am more inclined to complete all the tasks.  Here is how this week is looking thus far (subject to change I am sure!)...



THIS WEEK'S HEALTH GOALS:
  • 4 separate workouts
  • No soda
  • Track food every day
  • Practice discipline and self control at all the work functions this week that include food!
SHORT TERM GOALS:
  • Get my running pace per mile below 10 minutes per mile.
  • Lose 5 pounds before Memorial Day
  • Clean out one are of the apartment per week
LONG TERM GOALS:
  • Clean out all of apartment
  • Lose 25 pounds

Last week was a great first week of changing my focus...looking forward to another good week.

Oh and Spencer says "Hi!"


No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14