Thursday, February 13, 2014

Let's Get Real Thursday!

The sun! The sun! The sun.

Let's get real -- I am SO beyond over the gloomy days.

Top 5 Benefits to the sun FINALLY coming out this February day!
5.  It reminds me one of the BEST benefits of living in Texas - lots of sunshine.  Outside of the fact that I didn't choose to move to Texas when I was a kid...I love living in Texas.  I like to apply the phrase, Minnesotan by birth, Texan by choice.  By living in Houston, you like the idea of LOTS and LOTS of sun, we don't get a ton of gloomy days.  January tends to be the gloomiest month, so I am glad to say SAYONARA January!!!
4.  It is PROOF that winter is coming to a close and that we will soon get to enjoy those AMAZING March and April days that Houston can offer while much of the rest of the US is still shoveling snow.
3.  It makes my hope attitude change.  My best friend lives in Washington and they have months of gloomy weather -- after 3 weeks of gloom, I now know that i couldn't handle living there.  The sun completely impacts my attitude.
2.  It will dry out the forms of the houses in line in front of us so our builder can START working on our home construction.  Although we are fine in the apartment, I would like to move into the new house before 2014 comes to a close.
1.  It makes me want to go running -- which makes me want to be healthier -- which makes we want to eat better -- which makes me want to go run faster ---->  It is a wonderful spiral that I can't wait to jump into.

Happy Thursday!  Go ENJOY the sun!  If you are not stuck in an office during the day, you better not be reading this and better be out playing in this amazing weather.


No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14