Monday, November 4, 2013

30 Days of Thanks: Day 4: Thankful for hubby

We had technical difficulties this weekend, so I am slightly behind today with this post.....

Day 4 is devoted entirely to my husband!  Thanks to Alex, I am learning to love football and very slowly learning to play golf.  I am blessed to be married to a wonderful man.  We enjoy many of the same things and overall enjoy spending time just to two of us!  He challenges me to push myself, encourages all my passions, supports my desires, listens to my worries and laughs at my jokes that are not funny.  So grateful that God ordained this marriage and continues to bless me through Alex.  With everything we have gone through this year, God has reminded me that Alex is exactly who I need in a spouse.  When we miscarried, he was literally the PERFECT support...he would listen to me, hug me when i needed it and allowed me to feel sad.  God has fulfilled needs through Alex that I didn't even know I needed.  Plus, one of his best traits is his sense of humor!!  He makes me laugh DAILY!!! So so so grateful for him!

Thought I would dedicate this post to him through the song we had our first dance to as a married couple.....

Some day, when I'm awfully low


When the world is cold


I will feel a glow, just thinking of you....


And the way you look tonight


Yes you're lovely, with your smile so warm


And your cheeks so soft


There is nothing for me but to love you


And the way you look tonight


With each word, your tenderness grows


Tearing my fear apart


And that laugh, that wrinkles your nose


It touches my foolish heart


Lovely, never ever change



Keep that breathless charm


Won't you please arrange it


Cause I love you


Just the way you look tonight




No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14