Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Cleaning


I love Spring!!! I love all the flowers blooming and that it is warming up enough to run outside and actually SWEAT. I love the feeling that everything is starting over in a sense....and I really love Spring Cleaning.

We just back from Bogota, Colombia yesterday (I will post about that as soon as I upload pics) and we had a few hours last night to do laundry and get ourselves out of vacation mode and back into work mode. I started cleaning out our dresser and re-organizing the drawers that were all messed up. Up until now, we had been focused on our trip to visit the in-laws, but now that its over, my mind is free to start thinking about other things....which I think will be cleaning out stuff!!! :)

So, I have compiled a list of things I want to get done this spring/summer and am going to put them in a jar (Steph Cease style :) ). I am going to try and accomplish one item every two weeks. At first I was considering one a week, but with working full time and knowing that we don't have out entire weekends free EVER, I don't know that I can accomplish that...so we are aiming for one item every two weeks or two items a month.

Here is my list so far: (I am sure it will continue to grow)
1. Clean out our study in our Master Bedroom -- right now it is just storage.
2. Re-organize our office closet
3. Clean up the back yard area
4. Re-organize the pantry and our tupper ware cabinet
5. Finish decorating our living room and dining room.
6. Get a plumber to come out and fix our kitchen sink
7. Get rid of extra tvs/furniture etc -- sell on Craig's list maybe
8. Train for a Triatholon
9. Clean out guest room closet
10. Go through clothes to donate
11. Clean out bathroom cabinets

That is all I have off the top of my head, but I am SURE there is more. I love it though. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. It seems like a lot of people were very productive this past weekend.

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14