Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What ?!?!?

So, I have been meaning to post this all week and am finally getting around to it.

I feel like this year has flown by faster than any other year EVER!!! I find myself thinking about events, like Bri's birthday or my wonderful Birthday, and I can not believe that was almost a WHOLE YEAR ago!! It is just unreal. I feel like I was just reading everyone's '100 for 2007' posts, when that will be coming up again.

I can't believe next week is Christmas. We are so unprepared. There is no way that last year at this time I would have known how wonderful the next year would be. The end of 2008 has become a season of change in many ways.

Here are some of the changes that have or will take place:
1. My beautiful niece was born -- she is already a huge joy in my life and I love that she is not going anywhere!! She will be at every family function and I get to buy her a new outfit every 3 months...that was rule I was given by my husband. :)
2. My in-laws decided to move to Colombia
3. My Mother-in-law moved in with us for a couple months -- I have been soaking that up too....we have a constant supply of black beans now. :)
4. I feel in love with Lucas, the poodle
5. My mother-in-law is leaving us in one week and 2 days.....this makes me very sad
6. My best friend is moving to South Africa in January and Friday night might be the last time I see her before she leaves....can't talk about this either
7. Jennifer will soon become my new sister in law :) YAY!!!

The holidays are going to be packed. We are doing Christmas at our house with Alex's family on Christmas Eve. We are heading to my parents sometime on Christmas Day and staying there through Sunday. We then leave Tuesday for Minnesota and return the Sunday after new Years and BAM we are in 2009. What the heck!

I really have no point, except that I feel like life is flashing around me and I can't keep up. Can I get an AMEN?

No comments:

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14