Saturday, April 5, 2008

April Showers bring Summer BABIES!!

I hosted a Baby Shower for my friend Sarah this weekend. I have thrown many bridal showers but this was my first BABY shower. I think it went really well and I think Sarah really enjoyed it. It was so fun to see all her baby stuff she received.
Here is the mama-to-be and little baby Benjamin.


I wanted to make a Diaper Cake and a Diaper wreath, so I googled them online and asked for some assistance from my two partners in crime. Erika had made a Diaper Wreath before, so that was her job and then all three of us worked on the Diaper Cake. I think it turned out pretty good.


Here is the finished wreath. Erika did such a GREAT job!!!! I have to give Erika a shout out. She came over 3 hours early for the shower to help me set up. There is NO WAY I would have finished in time without her help. Thanks Erika! I couldn't have done it without you.


Here is the Diaper Cake. It is SO cute!!! Pretty easy too!
Erika and I are available for hire if anyone is interested. ;)

So somewhere along the line, we decided we should try a diaper on Bailey...

Here is the precious puppy








This is what the guys did while we worked...


All the ladies at the shower

And finally....Jenn, myself and Baby Benjamin!!!



I think I can officially say, I am moving out of the wedding phase and into the baby phase. I wonder who will be next??

here is my guess....
1. Scott and Amanda
2. Lori and Josh
3. Katherine and Billy
4. Erika and Mikey
5. Catherine and Mike
6. Josh and Bri
OK...here is my updated list. I added myself and felt I needed to move the Haskews up a little bit!
1. Scott and Amanda
2. Lori and Josh
3. Catherine and Mike
4. Katherine and Billy
5. Erika and Mikey
6. Us ?!?!?!
7. Bri and Josh

5 comments:

Mikey said...

3. Tonya and Alex.

Don't forget yourself! And I'm sure Alex and I are for hire to help with the next diaper cake too! Syke!

Jenn said...

ooo i'm suprised by your order ...

i agree that josh & bri are at the bottom though haha. africa seems to get in the way with that kind of thing.

great party tonya. i had a blast.

Bri Westbury said...

I too appreciate that last spot on the list.. however I think you should be number six or five and I should be number seven...

Erika Waters said...

Oh Babies! Part of me thinks it would be fun and then this other part is SHOUTING...NO WAY! We shall see what the future holds...you should start taking bets like Michael's groomsmen did :)
And PS- I'd help you any time with anything! I love doing crafty things!

Catherine Haskew said...

Ok what the Heck! How did we move up on your little list? I like my second to last spot just fine. Are you getting insight from somewhere??? Please explain! I'm sorry I missed the shower, the diaper cake and wreath are so cute!

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14