Monday, January 7, 2008

My 2008 Resolutions

I have never truly decided to make a New Year's Resolution. I don't really know why, because if you know me you know I am a big goal setter....its all about the planning with me. I think part of it is because I don't like commiting to something unless I am absolutely POSITIVE I will fulfill it. But as I have been thinking about it just now, I think a lot of that is pride for me. Instead of putting myself out there, I don't commit because then I won't have to admit when I fail.

So, I am going to commit to making a New Year's Resolution and do my best for fulfill them, but also admit to myself that I may fail.

So, here are my 2008 resolutions...out in the open

1. I would really like to commit to getting heathly...not just lose weight, but really get healthier...eat better, eat LESS, work out more. I am definately a yo-yo dieter, so this is a change in mindframe for me.
2. Work on a couple of my weaknesses:
a. Pride -- try and be less prideful and more upfront and honest about where I am and who I am (I have always considered myself as someone who doesn't hide things, you know "what you see is what you get" but I have noticed that since I have started working, my personality has shifted a little--appearances (such as appearing competent etc) play such a large role in the business industry that it is easy to lose yourself...so I want to get back to my roots.
b. Patiences/Selflessness -- put others before myself more
3. Take a new step in my faith -- I feel like the last year was a very gradual spiritual growth for me....not going down...but not moving anywhere fast. I would like to make more of an effort to grow and learn about God in new ways.
4. I want to improve as a domestic wife :) I want to cook more and clean more and just make our home a place that Alex loves. I want my motivation for doing this to be out of a heart of servitude and not of one wanting praise. (this goes along with improving my weaknesses as well)

I think those are the 4 big points...or at least the 4 on my heart at this moment. Who knows what 2008 will bring.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

mmm i love those.

when i read about the faith - all i could think of was the huge step you took in switching jobs ... that was big time too and boy did Jesus bless that!

i want to hear about your trip too!

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well."



~Psalm 139:14